Friday, March 28, 2008

The Verdict Is: The University of Utah!!!


Today was the fateful day. Sami came running in holding a small envelope with the official stamp of the University of Utah School of Medicine on it. I was unbelievably dismayed, since both of the previous acceptances that I had received were packaged in large packet-like envelopes. So needless to say, the small envelope nearly broke my heart. But Sami was unphased and calmly prodded me to open the letter. So I said, "Well fine, you might as well do it." So she slowly opened the letter and read the words, "Dear Tyson, I am delighted to offer you a position in the August 2008 Freshman Class of the University of Utah School of Medicine."

I couldn't believe it!!! We are in!!! I was completely speechless and so was Sami. It was a huge answer to our prayers and is such an enormous relief. We will be staying in Utah for at least the next four years. So anyway, I just thought that I would post our great news. It is time to celebrate! Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and your prayers on our behalf. We are so grateful!

8 comments:

The Hull Family said...

Congratulations Tyson! We are so proud of you! That is so great! We can't wait to visit you guys in Utah and meet baby Cameron! My mom (Aunt Donette) says Hi too and congratulations!

lyndsey said...

YAY!!! congratulations...this is huge. i'm so happy for you :)

Melissa said...

Sami it's me Melissa Miller from high school..How are you? Your family is beautiful and congrats on your baby he is precious. You look great for just having a little one ony a few months ago. WOW girl! Well i found your blog through someones elses and I have been looking for you and Chanel. I still havent found Chanel but I found you and would love to kepp in touch. I have a blog too but it is set to private so e-mail me so I can invite you to it bright_star07@msn.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Melissa Miller (Biorn)

Justin + kelly said...

Congrats you guys!! Thats so exciting! Yeah for Tyson!!

Wade H. said...

Congrats Tyson!!! Its great to hear that you got into the U. I would have at least been able to spend the first year with you doing the Creighton dental program at the U, but I ended up deciding to go to VCU instead. We were wondering if you guys had a blog or not. If you want to check ours out it is hinrichs.wordpress.com. Hey, congrats again!

The Mid Life Guru said...

Way to go!!! Being patient enough for the big letter to arrive is the hardest part. Or is four years of med school the hardest part? Kind of a toss up. Best of luck to you!!! Caryn Payzant

Michelle said...

YEAH! I am so excited for you! It was prayers and a lot of hard work on your part! The pictures of the Brigham Easter hunt were sooo fun to watch. I can't wait to see everyone soon.

Alicia said...

Congrats~ I am so happy to hear that you will be staying in Utah. Good Job! I know Jason will be thrilled. He was just saying he hopes that we can hang out with you guys (and see your new baby) when he gets home from Iraq. So, now we definilty will be able to. Congrats again that is great!

PS-Jason will be back in the US safe and sound around the 20th of April, and completely done with the deployment by June.