Friday, March 21, 2008

Second Medical School Acceptance

In the past week or so I was notified by the University of Iowa that I was accepted for their medical school entering class of 2008! This was fantastic news and we are very excited to begin to make our decisions about where we are going to end up for the next (at least) four years of our lives. We now have some options...U of I or Texas A&M. As I have been trying to think about where I would rather attend, I can't help but wish that the University of Iowa was located in Texas. I really loved interviewing at both of the schools...so one thing is certain...it is going to be an incredibly difficult decision. While technically Iowa is a better school (ranked consistently in the top 15 medical schools in the country), the weather in Texas is far and away better than the frigid cold of Iowa. And those are only two, fairly minor considerations we are going to have to be looking at in the next few weeks. But as for now we are just going to sit back and enjoy the ride a bit (or try to).
We are still waiting to hear from the University of Utah....a waiting game that has been giving me quite a bit of anxiety in the past few weeks. I keep hearing rumors about when we might hear, rumors which have resulting in me checking the mail at least four times a day....and my email even more. Anyway, what will be will be I guess...I just have to learn some patience and wait it out. Only time till tell.
For now, we are just very grateful and excited that we have been accepted to two fantastic medical schools, and we look forward to our decisions! And if you have any opinion about Texas or Iowa that could help us decide we would really appreciate them, (considering neither Sami or myself has spent more than 24 hours in either place)

2 comments:

Melissa Tiek said...

Yeah, sorry about the false information. I didn't mean to make your nervousness increase...

Heather Heaton said...

Sami, congrats to your hubby! I don't know if you will remember me, Heather Allred or Heaton whichever you may know. I am Sheri's friend. Remember? Well since i love to blog-stalk people, i was so excited when i found sheri's blog which linked me to you! And i did not know that you had a baby!!! congrats! to cute! Well i hope you don't mind if i check out your blog now and agian! feel free to look at mine!

sorry long comment!