Thursday, October 11, 2012

Baby Claire Birth Story

So sad, Claire is almost going to be two months, but she doesn't exist on our blog yet.  Apparently that describes how life is with three. Just kidding. She has been a great addition to our family. She is pretty easy going and such a delight. We love our Claire Bear!

I thought I should document the whole story, even though it seems like such a long time ago. I feel very fortunate. I don't really have awful pregnacies or delivers and I was nervous that my time was due, but true to Claire's personality things were easy going and just great.

Since Tyson has a crazy work schedule and we were delivering at a hospital that my doctor doesn't deliver at that often he suggested I plan on being induced if it was at all possible. Which turned out to be awesome, and I totally reccomend. My mom came down Sunday night to spend the night. We called in and we were first on the schedule for Monday morning. (Tyson's first day off). We woke up and went on in. By the time I got all hooked up and started it was probably a little after eight.
I was at a three when we arrived. They broke my water and gave me an epidural right before ten. This time I was feeling the contractions stronger than I had (with the other two). I was having a hard time concentrating on the explanation of the epidural and was very relieved to get it, but the pain before was bearable. Anyway, things went pretty quickly after that. They came in a little after eleven and said I was at about a six, so it wouldn't be that much longer. Tyson was hungry and thought he should get something now before it gets to close. So, he ran down to the cafeteria. It was a good thing he wasn't too long because when he got back I told him I was feeling pressure and sure enough they came in at like eleven thirty and said it was time to push.  At this point only the doctor and nurse were there. (the resident and med student hadn't arrived). My doctor told me to do a practice push to see if I remembered how to do it. Then, he said just give me a half a push now and with that she was here.  I didn't even do a real push. Pretty crazy. I wasn't mentally prepared for it to be that fast, but there she was. It was crazy. Such a surreal moment.  She was 6 lbs 10 ounces. Born August 20th at 11:44a.m. It was love at first sight and she has brought so much joy into our home. She really is such a good girl.



 Proud Dad!!!
 Kennedy was so excited to meet her. But, after they adjusted my bed several times and jumped on everything, went to the bathroom several times, and got ice cream it was time to go.
 Cameron is such a sweet older brother. Claire just loves him. He takes such good care of her. he is very gentle and talks to hear. it is the sweetest.
 Here she is.
Of course had to get a picture with the family of five. Still have a hard time wrapping my head around that.
So glad she is here!!!

3 comments:

Nathan and Shannon said...

Congratulations!!! That's so exciting! I'm glad everything went so well!

Zak and Emily Smith said...

So happy for you guys!! She is beautiful!

The Hull Family said...

OH Sami, I've been waiting to see pictures of Claire and to hear how it all went!
Congratulations, I am so happy for you guys! I'm so glad everything went so smooth and that she was born so quick!! (I might be a little tiny bit jealous about how easy it was!!) Claire looks so tiny and precious, can't wait to see more pictures!!